You will require a valid Ontario Health Card for your diagnostic visit. If you do not have an Ontario Health Card, we can accept payment via cash or cheque only. You will also require a signed requisition from your licensed healthcare practitioner. If you notice it is not signed, please contact your doctor before coming in for your exam. We cannot perform an exam without a valid signature.Before undergoing certain procedures you may be required to follow a set of special instructions. If these instructions are not followed, it may not be possible to conduct the examination and you may be required to book a new appointment. Exam preparations are available below
To see the special instructions provided for your diagnostic exam, read the service description below:
Instructions for ABDOMEN (incl. Gall Bladder, Pancreas, Spleen, Liver, Kidneys and Aorta)
1. Nothing by mouth 12 hours prior to exam.
2. If you have essential medication that must be taken, a small amount of water is permitted.
3. For insulin dependent diabetics only
(i) If you are asked to miss breakfast, take 1/2 your normal dose of insulin.
(ii) If you have to miss any other meals contact your doctor for instructions.
(iii) Resume your normal diet following the exam.
- Instructions for PELVIS (incl Transvaginal - Uterus, Ovaries, Bladder, also G.U. Tract, Prostate and Pregnancy -
1. Empty your bladder completely and drink 2 500mL bottles of water.
2. Finish drinking the water 40 minuets prior to the exam. Do Not empty your bladder.
ABDOMEN and PELVIS exams combined
1. Nothing by mouth 12 hours prior to the exam
2. Empty your bladder completely and drink 2 500mL bottles of water.
3. Finish drinking the water 1 hour prior to the exam. Do Not empty your bladder.
MALE PELVIS WITH TRANSRECTAL
1. Purchase a Fleet Enema from the pharmacy.
2. Proceed with the enema 2 hours prior to exam, following the instructions on the package.
3. Empty your bladder completely and drink 2 500mL bottles of water.
4. Finish drinking the water 1 hour before the exam. Do Not empty your bladder.
No preparation required